MixedHunt

MixedHunt | News

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Indian Community Awards Shooting Hero $100,000


Indian-Americans surprised this hero with a check for $100,000 to thank him for trying to stop a gunman who shot two Indian immigrants. 24 year old Ian Grillot intervened in an alleged hate crime earlier this year when a gunman shot at two Indian immigrants in a Kansas bar. The gunman allegedly yelled 'Get out of my country'. Ian Grillot stated to the media "I thought I heard nine shots, expected his magazine to be empty, so I got up and proceeded to chase him down. Then I got behind him, and he turned around and fired a round at me. It went through my hand and through my chest here. Barely missed my carotid artery I guess. I've been hearing that a lot of people called me a hero and this that and the other it's, no it's not like that. I was just doing what anyone should have done for another human being. It's not about where he was from or his ethnicity. We're all humans." One of the victims, Srinivas Kuchibholta was killed but the other, Alok Madasani survived. Both were engineers at the GPS company Garmin. After the incident, Ian received attention all over the world for his heroism. Indian dignitaries visited him at the hospital and later thanked him at the India House Gala. 'It's not always that we get an opportunity to meet a genuine hero. A person who risks his life for another. A person who takes a bullet for a complete stranger. A man who reminds of the promise of America and it's greatness.' The non-profit says the $100,000 will be used to buy Ian a house in his home state of Kansas.

No comments:

Post a Comment